Whole Grain Waffles with Yogurt and Strawberries

Kashi 7-grain waffles with greek yogurt, candied pecans and strawberries

This WAS my new favorite breakfast. I came up with it while trying to add whole grains and calcium to my diet, and find an alternative to syrup, after being diagnosed with gestational diabetes.

Trader Joe's has the best nuts!
Unfortunately, now that I've seen the dietician, I learned that this combo has too many carbs. I may be allowed to eat half this amount. I had thought it was healthy! ... I still think it is, just not ideal for carb counting I guess. I've made such an effort to add the whole grains and brown starches that I don't care for. I have learned to like some of them, like these nutrient-rich Kashi waffles.


The good news is I can still eat them, since 2 waffles only have 25g of carbs, but I can't top them with all these other carbs any more! Now, I put a little butter and some berries, or a bit of natural peanut butter. Oh well!



Comments

Trending Posts