10 minute meal: Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potato, Vegetable and Sausage Wrap


I bought this interesting new mix of sweet potatoes, black beans, corn and onions a few weeks, or maybe even months ago. I always pick these things up thinking "oh, what fun vegetables", forgetting that they're a side dish to meat. But clearly we don't eat a lot of meat in this house, and if I make it for myself you can bet I'll be having it with some vegetable my husband hates - like broccoli, zucchini or brussels sprouts. So this bag took up space in the freezer, moved from side to side around ice cream, veggie masala burgers and bagels for quite some time. Tonight we came home exhausted from Bikram yoga (finally got my husband to go again!) and needed a fast meal.  I searched the freezer for something quick and wondered what I could do with this tasty looking bag of Alexia Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Vegetables. I scoured the fake meat shelf in the fridge looking for ideas, and pulled out a package of Field Roast Grain Meat Chipotle Sausages I got from Wholefoods a while back (these vegetarian sausages are pretty awesome - the Smoked Apple flavor are good too - although I've had better versions of the Italian). I thought Chipotle plus Chipotle would be a good bet - and it was. We used some multi-grain tortillas as wraps for the vegetables and sausage, layered with some sour cream to cut the spice. Oh yeah, and a beer too... just don't tell Bikram. Wink.


Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potato, Vegetable and Sausage Wrap
1 Bag of Alexia Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Vegetables
2 Field Roast Chipotle Sausages, cut in to 1/2" rounds
Whole Grain Tortillas
Sour Cream

1. Follow package directions for cooking the vegetables (thaw sauce, add to skillet, heat, add vegetables).
2. When vegetables lose the ice and start to thaw, add the sausage chunks.
3. Saute and stir for about 8 minutes.
4. In a dry skillet over medium heat, lay one tortilla flat and heat through. Flip with tongs and heat the other side. Repeat with each tortilla. 
5. Serve vegetables with tortillas and sour cream. Spread sour cream on half the wrap, and spoon vegetables in a line down the center. Fold in the sides and end to eat.







Comments

Trending Posts