Smoked Chicken & Turkey Italian Sausage with Zucchini-Mushroom Tomato Sauce

I jumped off the subway at Union Square on the way home yesterday, in search of some items that are hard to find. The Food Emporium on 14th is kind of crazy, and expensive, but I seem to find everything there. As I browsed the meat section, knowing my husband is super busy this week and probably won't be home for dinner, I happened upon an expanse of packaged sausages. There are endless possibilities in the sausage section these days. I've had some great Aidells chicken sausage in the past, so I decided to try the Italian version. They're great to have on hand in the fridge for an impromptu dinner - I never get much heads-up when I find myself on my own for dinner. Tonight it was an 8pm call to say don't wait up. So here I am with my sausages, cleaning out the vegetable drawer and making a concoction.

Comments

Trending Posts