Abandoned Nectarines

Nectarine Sorbet

Naked Nectarines waiting to be pureed

Today was the day to clean out the fridge. Somehow the awful polenta was still there, because I felt bad trashing it the day I made it. The sauces went too, although I did re-use the pesto as a topping for salmon one night. Bye-bye moldy cheese, sorry the husband isn't here to cut off your mold and eat your middles. Adios rock-like guava paste. What's that in the back? When did I buy nectarines? I thought they would have gone bad, but they were just a little squishy. Hmm squishy... I should mash them up. It's 80 degrees out. Sorbet?

Nectarine Ginger Ale Sorbet
2 mushy nectarines, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 Can ginger ale
splash of lemon juice
Puree nectarines in blender or food processor. Put in plastic container and add 1/2 can of gingerale and lemon juice. Stir together gently until bubbles settle. Freeze, stirring with a fork to break up the ice after 1 hour and then every 30 minutes until the consistency becomes like sorbet - about 3 hours.

*The result: refreshing but not quite sweet enough. If I were to make this for guests I would stick to the traditional simple syrup method instead of shortcutting with the ginger ale.



Comments

Trending Posts